Beard Care - Quick and Easy Tips For Men with Beards!
Contributed by: Mike Barber of WiseBarber.com
Let’s face it. Growing a beard is not only an expression of freedom and masculinity but also an inescapable commitment. Nowadays, having a beard means giving it the love and attention it needs. In doing so, you’ll have an attractive, neat, and good-looking beard at all times.
Now, contrary to what most men assume, a beard is more than just letting it grow. You have to give it occasional trims, washes, and use quite a number of products on it. If you’re tired of having a dry, patchy, and unruly beard, this post is for you. Here’s a quick look at three simple dos and don’ts for today’s beards men.
1. Be Mindful of the Trimming Tools You Use On Your Beard
Trimming is an important part of growing and maintaining a beard. Obviously, you want to make a few occasional trims - here and there - to ensure that your facial hair is perfectly shaped and neat. However, the tool you decide to use will determine how easy this whole process will be for you.
- You can use a pair of scissors. They’re quite simple to use and don’t require much other than your effort and skill. But, these tools require proficiency and precision. One wrong move/trimming mistake might cost you months of growth progress.
- Beard trimmers are also great tools. You can get them as either cordless or corded. And the best part is that most of them are designed to offer great precision with more safety and convenience than shears.
- However, the best value and convenience come from hair clippers. These tools are great because they are multipurpose; i.e. they can be used for beard trimming as well as haircutting. Hence, using one of these will not only help to keep your facial hair looking great but also make it easier, cheaper, and more convenient to cut your hair at home. And the best part is that you can use WiseBarber.com’s best hair clippers guide to find your ideal haircutter.
2. Use a Comb on your Beard to Keep Annoying Tangles at Bay
Without a doubt, hair and beard combs are essential to facial hair maintenance and health. Why? Well, they play an important role in keeping your beard tangle-free. Why is this so important? It’s because tangles tend to pull hair during combing.
This not only leads to a lot of discomforts but also to unwanted patches and an itchy beard skin. Remember that you need the skin to be healthy in order to grow hale and hearty hair.
3. Don’t Over-Wash Your Beard with Ordinary Soap/Shampoo
Although cleaning forms a big part of maintenance, overdoing it often hurts your facial hair’s growth process. How? Well, when you over-wash and use too much soap or shampoo, your beard tends to lose a lot of its essential and natural oils; leaving it dry, brittle, and susceptible to breaking.
These are just the basics of beard growth and maintenance. Remember, you also need to take care of the skin under your facial hair by making sure it is healthy, moist, and well-scrubbed to unclog any blocked pores. Also, you’ll have to be very patient. Beard growth isn’t something that happens overnight. It’s a slow process that may require a lot of your attention, love, and care. But, in the end, you’ll be very pleased with the outcome. Good Luck!